Hello! For those who don't know me, I am Melissa Schroeder one of the Wicked Writers. I decided to start blogging here on Wednesdays and since we are called the WICKED WRITERS, I figured I would find something wicked to blog about every week. It can be anything from books to movies to recipes to...well you get the idea.
So, what am I going to chat about this week? A movie.
Perfect Creature
This one was suggested to me by Brandy who knew I was writing a vampire book. It was kind of similar to some of the features that I have in my vampire world so I figured I would order it up from Netflix. I wasn't disappointed. It is set in an alternate New Zealand in the 1960's, where vampires are the protectors of people. Very steam punk in the feel to it. Here is a trailer for it:
I am not a big fan of horror, but I really liked this story. It was original, and I love anything that has an alternate kind of history to it. I always like to think about the what ifs especially for big events in history.
Dougray Scott turned out to be my hero for the first book of my series, and he is perfect for it. Dark, a bit morose, with the weight of the world on his shoulders. The only thing I missed was a second movie.
Here is a snippet from bondish:
Set during the 1960s in an alternate New Zealand known as Nuovo Zelandia, PERFECT CREATURE imagines a world where vampires and humans peacefully co-exist, with the bloodsuckers the next step in human evolution. This delicate balance looks to be destroyed when an influenza epidemic begins to sweep the human population and one vampire turns to preying on humans. The church sends out Silus (Scott) to catch the renegade vampire, Edgar. Silus joins forces with a human police captain (Burrows), and discovers that Edgar harbors dark secrets. Written by bondish
This is a kiwi film and I think they were hoping for a wider distribution in the US that just didn't happen. But, I did like it. There is an element of tortured hero in Silus, a vampire who always walks the straight and narrow but he was definitely tempted by our determined police captain. It was unique in plot and like I said, the one thing that upset me was that there apparently will not be others. I would so love to see the Silus work out his issues for the police captain and see what would become of that. I would also like to know more about this world. How are the vampires born? How long do they live? Do they mate with human females, etc? It definitely would have been such an interesting world to explore.
So, have you seen any lost gems lately? Either US or abroad(I am into all kinds of movies doesn't matter where they come from).
So, what am I going to chat about this week? A movie.
Perfect Creature
This one was suggested to me by Brandy who knew I was writing a vampire book. It was kind of similar to some of the features that I have in my vampire world so I figured I would order it up from Netflix. I wasn't disappointed. It is set in an alternate New Zealand in the 1960's, where vampires are the protectors of people. Very steam punk in the feel to it. Here is a trailer for it:
I am not a big fan of horror, but I really liked this story. It was original, and I love anything that has an alternate kind of history to it. I always like to think about the what ifs especially for big events in history.
Dougray Scott turned out to be my hero for the first book of my series, and he is perfect for it. Dark, a bit morose, with the weight of the world on his shoulders. The only thing I missed was a second movie.
Here is a snippet from bondish:
Set during the 1960s in an alternate New Zealand known as Nuovo Zelandia, PERFECT CREATURE imagines a world where vampires and humans peacefully co-exist, with the bloodsuckers the next step in human evolution. This delicate balance looks to be destroyed when an influenza epidemic begins to sweep the human population and one vampire turns to preying on humans. The church sends out Silus (Scott) to catch the renegade vampire, Edgar. Silus joins forces with a human police captain (Burrows), and discovers that Edgar harbors dark secrets. Written by bondish
This is a kiwi film and I think they were hoping for a wider distribution in the US that just didn't happen. But, I did like it. There is an element of tortured hero in Silus, a vampire who always walks the straight and narrow but he was definitely tempted by our determined police captain. It was unique in plot and like I said, the one thing that upset me was that there apparently will not be others. I would so love to see the Silus work out his issues for the police captain and see what would become of that. I would also like to know more about this world. How are the vampires born? How long do they live? Do they mate with human females, etc? It definitely would have been such an interesting world to explore.
So, have you seen any lost gems lately? Either US or abroad(I am into all kinds of movies doesn't matter where they come from).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The Gods offer clues about the ownershit group. Not having any blacks working in-house was a clue not only did these proprietors have a family history against blacks but they also have a personal history in a prior life!!! Also, the "romance" event was a clue they are preditory on women as well.
Once charecterized as good, now revealed as positioning.
Reverse positioning. The clients fall along the same lines.